[lbo-talk] Liberalism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:22:32 PDT 2007

>From: "Tayssir John Gabbour" <tayssir.john at googlemail.com>
>
>One LBO denizen has already proven that he can demolish some 14 year
>old in an argument... at least behind his back, where he's unable to
>respond.>
>;)

Whoa there! He was already demolished when I got here. I mean, if this young adult truly has *no* idea what intellectual property is associated the hammer-and-sickle brand, I'm surprised he's able to respire let alone respond.

In any event, since this benighted youth's anonymity has been maintained throughout this thread and since he has no knowledge of the lbo list or -- I suspect -- would care a whit what some old fart from Long Island thinks, I believe there is little risk of causing offense here.

I guess I'm just annoyed to learn there's no brand equity left in the hammer and sickle. I've got to admit that the symbolic union of the peasantry and the proletariat is pretty old timey. Come the revo, I assume everyone will rally under banners emblazoned with keyboards or some such. Won't be the same.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!  http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2