[lbo-talk] Liberalism (Was Re: Nietzsche)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Jul 9 09:07:03 PDT 2007

Eubulides

I agree that the core activity of Marxism is practical-critical activity, but on an email list it's got to be practical-verbal activity.

What is ? Struggle: Moral, physical, verbal, bodily.

Gee, I thought KM asserted that moral discourse was "verbal rubbish"; just like that Nietzsche dude did....

Sheesh,

Ian

^^^^^^

CB: So what does that do to the claim that I'm asserting Marxism dogmatically, "religiously" ? This shows you are not paying attention to what I actually say when you criticize me.

It is Frederick Douglass who said there is no progress without struggle, and that the struggle can be moral or physical.

All the successful revolutionary struggles have used moral or ideological discourse to rally the revolutionary forces. Even the Russian Revolution included "Peace", a moral ideal, as a main slogan. "Justice", "Equality", "Liberty" , "Freedom" are always rallying cries. These are moral discourse.