[lbo-talk] Handwriting on the wall (was other stuff)

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Jul 9 10:20:56 PDT 2007

On 9 Jul, 2007, at 12:36 PM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> <...> He'd be surprised, annoyed, and
> contemptuous to hear from some idiot with a
> philosophical theory that he's not a scientist. Do you
> mean he should be submitting his grant apps to the NEH
> instead of the NIS or NIH? Or do the grants handed out
> by the NIH not count as as "real science" grants?
>
> This stupid particle physics worship involves a really
> profound failure to grasp the simple (though not easy)...

Particle physics worship? Please! I learned Mathematics from masters and legends. Particle physics is what people who couldn't keep up with these guys and girls, do.

Nobody should be forced to have to listen to my idiotic philosophical theories (on "real science", etc), but if you feel the masochistic urge, I recommend the LBO archives.

--ravi