[lbo-talk] 300 Pounds of Joy (Was Re: 4 July - Help me Think)

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Mon Jul 9 13:01:34 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 08:56:27AM -0700, Mike Ballard wrote:
> Jerry, Doug all,
>
> Apparently the obesity epidemic has a hell of lot to do with *fructose
> additives* which have been put into many, many commodified foods since their
> invention in Japan about 25 years ago. These additives block

[...]

For a book on this aspect with a healthy dose of materialist analysis I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Land-Americans-Became-Fattest/dp/0618164723

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Trillian did a little research in the ship's copy of THHGTTG. It had some advice to offer on drunkenness. "Go to it", it said, "and good luck." It was cross-referenced to the entry concerning the size of the Universe and ways of coping with that.

-THHGTTG