[lbo-talk] another embarrassed Friend of Rudy

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Jul 10 13:24:37 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood <http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/Story?id=3105288&page=2>

Another Republican presidential candidate, meanwhile, takes yet another hit-by-proxy. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., the "Southern regional chair" for Giuliani's presidential campaign, confirmed last night that his number appeared in the telephone records of the "DC madam," and apologized for "a very serious sin in my past." Vitter, a prominent social conservative, was one of Giuliani's most touted endorsements, and now joins Bernard Kerik and Thomas Ravenel in the rogue's gallery of disgraced politicians in Giuliani's corner.

^^^^ CB; Is it true that as a conservative he liked 'em in gray bras and no bloomers ?

^^^^^

ABC's Jake Tapper points out that Giuliani is losing an important ally: He has used Vitter -- a married father of four who is a lector at St. Francis Xavier Church -- to assuage concerns among social conservatives over Giuliani's liberal record on social issues. "After numerous personal meetings with the mayor, it's very clear to me that he's not running for president to advance any liberal social agenda," Vitter said in endorsing Giuliani in March.