[lbo-talk] online poll

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 12 12:01:05 PDT 2007

<http://gawker.com/news/we.re-all-gonna-die/are-you-cowering-in-fear- about-terror-yet-277739.php>

Are you worried about a terrorist attack this summer? Well? Are ya?

Yes. It is a dangerous place out there, filled with people who wish to do us harm for no particular reason except that whole alienating the entire Muslim world thing.

Yes. I am not very good at critical thinking and am easily manipulated by attempts to gin up my fear level to distract me from the ongoing disaster that is Iraq.

Yes. The government was too inept to protect a major American city from rain, how the hell are they going to stop a couple of determined jihadists with fake I.D.s and pinking shears?

No. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen; I am not going to crap my pants in fright every time Michael Chertoff tries to scare the shit out of me.

Sorry, what? I was just playing with my new iPhone. Have you seen this thing?