[lbo-talk] from my travel blog

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 19:25:56 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:

I heard him [Art Bell] spoken of - positively - at a WBAI book fair. His fan, who thought that the WTC was "wired to explode," also endorsed Art Bell's idea that "they" are playing with the weather.

[...]

My intuition told me that the weather manipulation notion was probably a reference to the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, popularly known (in certain circles) as HAARP.

Wiki article on HAARP -

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program>

HAARP, as far as we know (details are incomplete), is an ionospheric heater and research platform for studying the ionosphere and advanced radio transmission techniques.

Official HAARP page -

<http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/>

Concerns have been raised about the program.

Some of these concerns are solid footed and inspired by a reasonable caution about experimenting with atmospheric effects at our still modest level of knowledge about the total system.

Other objections fly a bit higher: for example, a worry that HAARP is a weather, and perhaps even mind control device.

I did a GOOG search for Art Bell + HAARP and sure enough, he has spoken about this several times.

GOOG results -

http://tinyurl.com/2b48bm

.d.