[lbo-talk] Liberal Intellectuals and the Coordinator Class

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 17:54:58 PDT 2007

Brian asks: "But how would society maintain enough people working so that some people could choose not to work without suffering any penalty?"

Let's say there are ten of us in the commune. Someone asks "who's going to harvest the corn tomorrow?" One person volunteers, and the rest decide to play chess. The next evening everyone is hungry, and all ten volunteer. No "society" is needed to legislate this; individual self-interest and survival are all that's needed.