[lbo-talk] Nietzsche again

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 20:42:34 PDT 2007

At the bookstore today picked up the book _Nietzsche in Russia_, a collection of essays on Nietzsche's influence on Russian Marxism (ed. Bernice Glatzer Rosenthal). This includes the essay "Lunacharsky: A 'Niezschean Marxist'?" by A.L. Tait and lots of other stuff about Bakhtin, Bakunin, more. As well, a compilation of the old US anarchist magazine Mother Earth featuring some of Emma Goldman's takes on Nietzsche (ed. Peter Glassgold).

I've already mentioned _I Am Not a Man, I Am Dynamite! Friedrich Nietzsche and the Anarchist Tradition_ by John Moore and Spencer Sunshine, a collection of essays showing the convergences and divergences of Nietzsche with left-anarchism (unfortunately featuring some appearances by "post-left" writers - pfft), and HL Mencken's bio of Nietzsche available from left-anok See Sharp Press with the foreword by Chaz Bufe that compares Nietzsche to left-libertarianism -- so I won't mention them again. OOPS I JUST DID. :OOO

-B.

james daly wrote:

"Another fine mess! The URL should be: http://groups.msn.com/JamesDalyandFriends"

Rakesh Bandhari wrote:

"James, Was Marx as nihilistic towards justice as Nietzsche? You say no. I am not as certain. Allen Wood's old arguments are persuasive though crucially incomplete."