[lbo-talk] Liberal Intellectuals and the Coordinator Class

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 09:14:59 PDT 2007

To resolve this thorny problem (whether everyone should have the same; how to accomodate people who want more) what if everyone, in addition to subsistence, were provided with something extra (movie money, so to speak), that they were free to do what they wanted with? Someone who wanted to sail around the globe, or have her own Steinway, would have to save quite a lot of their weekly "allowance"; others would be free to spend it on film festivals and frappacinos.

It seems important not to allow people to work more to earn more, since that would lead to the appearance of priviledged groups.

Bob W