[lbo-talk] Moore's Sicko Analysis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 20 07:43:54 PDT 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 2:09 AM, Chuck wrote:

> Michael Moore was pretty funny tonight on the Colbert Report. But I
> have
> to admit that I'm not all that excited about seeing Sicko. I was
> disappointed with Moore's last movie and I'm not that happy that Moore
> decided to ignore those of us without health insurance. The film just
> doesn't sound radical to me at all.

Compared to what? The movie's in hundreds of theaters, released by a major distributor. Moore's all over the media. If he'd condemned capitalism and called for revolution, he'd be on YouTube. It's amazing that something as critical not only of US health insurance but of the ethic of competitive individualism gets this much attention at all.

Doug