[lbo-talk] Moore's Sicko Analysis

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 23 15:28:53 PDT 2007

Bill asked:

They letting you vote!? I didn't realise standards had slipped so much, where the hell is John Howards tough new citizenship test when you need it? ;-) ***************************** I just made it under the line...the new, more expensive citizenship test will be implimented in a couple of months. And yes, as you well know, voting is compulsory in Australia. I mean, there's like a $50 or so fine, if you don't vote. One reason, I really like this rule is that it saves all the more or less useless debate and spinning wheels about how registering more people to vote would change the system. Here in Australia, you have to vote and look at the party the workers voted for last time and for eleven years now. Actually, Labor got 47% of the vote last time around with the so-called disasterous candidacy of Mark Latham and the "landslide" which put the Coalition into control of the capitalist State. ******************************** Make sure you filter your Labor vote through the the Greens of course, the Greens even have a good chance of winning a seat in the Senate in WA. ***********

I'm going to do that, as long as Green preferences go to Labor.

One more tip - eschew the party vote, number all your own preferences manually. You can't trust any political party to decide how your preferences are allocated, that's how that numbskull Fielding got a seat in Victoria. ***********

Who gave that Party of God guy (aka "Family First) their preferences? Was it Labor, the Greens, the Democrats who? I still haven't figured that one out. But yeah, thanks for the tip on numbering. Must remember that.

Mike B)

An injury to one is an injury to all http://www.iww.org/

____________________________________________________________________________________ Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting