[lbo-talk] the mathematics of healthcare, not

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Jul 24 12:44:34 PDT 2007

The net effect of that situation is not the shortage of service, as you claim, bu the glut of services for the haves and the shortage of services for the have-nots...wojtek

--------

You're right. I was looking at the problem entirely from the bottom. The bottom relies almost exclusively on federal and state programs. The effects I described were the effects of an increasing number of service programs to deal with the same basic rroblem healthcare. At the bottom, there are a large variety of federal and state programs mixed up with private insurance programs. It's this mix at the bottom that creates this overlapping circles of denial of service, because some other programs is mandated to provide that particular detail.

Any it is very difficult to think through the implication of a large scale social planning change. It is not as simple as just saying unniversal healthcare....

But I am work at the moment. I spend some time tonight, thinking on it...

CG