[lbo-talk] The long march from Yenan to Barclays

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 09:54:45 PDT 2007

Thanks to Marvin, for posting the original, and Marvin and John for commenting on it. There's a lot to think about in all three posts.

One of the themes, it seems to me, is the separation of capital from its national and political home bases.

This leaves us all rather like specatators in the unfolding drama. Even Angela Merkel seems clueless in the following:

"Chancellor Angela Merkel said last week that state-controlled investors might use stakes in European companies to pursue political, rather than only financial, goals." (Horrors! Not the political!!!)

BobW