[lbo-talk] the depressing thing that is American politics...

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 10:39:25 PDT 2007

Did you ever see the old horror movie where the family is trying to drive away from the haunted house in terror?

No matter which path they drive, they eerily arrive right back at the house. No escape.

That's trying to get away from the hard, unpleasant requirement of labor organizing, in a nutshell. "Yes, my friend -- well, I agree -- so lead by example..." Well, fuck, I've done more than I've let on on the list, but I shouldn't have to pull the Titanic ashore by my goddamned self, either. Pointing things out doesn't mean I think everyone but me should do it.

All roads lead to Rome -- and most social ills in the US lead back to the need for radical labor organization. Not all, but a lot.

Is that getting a "tired" thing to say? "Heard it before!"? Well, what the fuck else is there -- really? It's the cul-de-sac of so many of the problems discussed here. Not all of them, but a big chunk.

Husami answered Wood's question about Marx's notion of justice almost 30 years ago, but we're debating that (yes, I chipped in, too - I'm a nerd) in 2007.

-B.

Mr. WD wrote:

"Like Bob, I tend to agree, although this observation does not in any way undermine the urgent need for the kind of organizing B. is referring to."