[lbo-talk] Dems now more trusted on national security

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 25 13:08:52 PDT 2007

On Jul 25, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Someone years ago pointed out that even in the worse "meltdowns" it is
> only the 'top' of the party that gets wiped out -- the local party
> organizations remain strong, since the "two-party" system is, for the
> most part, a one-party system in most localities.

Here in NYC, which used to be a near-100% Democratic city, we're now in our 13th year of non-Dem rule. First 8 years of Republican Rudy, and now 5 of Dem-turned-Rep-turned-Ind Bloomberg. The Dems still have an organization locally, but it doesn't seem to matter when it comes to electing a mayor. Maybe next time.

Doug