[lbo-talk] The Long March From Yenan to Barclays

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 25 13:21:28 PDT 2007

If reserve accumulation is an insurance fund, at some point it should be large enough for that purpose; then why not command real US output rather than US financial assets, especially apparently the risky mortgage backed ones? I guess foreign investors are impressed by Benacke's inflation targeting faith (a disguised return to a commodity money?). A friend sent me an econometric (ouch) paper on Chinese forex strategy; I'll try to read it in the next half year as I begin reading the financial press again. Rakesh