[lbo-talk] the depressing thing that is American politics...

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 14:04:29 PDT 2007

--- Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

"the left is in far healthier state now than it was in 1999, if you measure its health not against impossible goals but in terms of a wider and deeper "infrastructure".

Just for the sake of clarity, in what ways do you think the left infrastructure is stronger than it was in 1999? The proliferation of left websites like this one is ofen mentioned as evidence, as is the internet activism of sites like Moveon and the Dean campaign. You could also say the web is merely a giant sandbox the rulers have allowed us to play in.

How come the biggest anti-war demonstration was the first, and all subsequent ones smaller? I dont mean to sound sneering: I'm sincerely curious what you're talking about.

BobW