[lbo-talk] Marx and Justice

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:20:48 PDT 2007

-

Hi CG. Been a while since I read that essay by McIntyre (and twenty years since I read After Virtue). If I remember correcty..doubtful of course...McIntyre in that essay tries to show what Marx meant by praxis, how praxis is understood in terms of the ideal of a free association of producers. Could you refresh my memory? I find it doubtful that Aristotle was the key to Marx's discovery of the class struggle as the key lever of social change...as if Marx was not made a Marxist by the workers' movments of his time especially in that bubbling cauldron which was Paris. Yours, Rakesh