[lbo-talk] further evidence that the U.S. is prosecution-mad

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 17:11:28 PDT 2007

> [WS:] That is true of virtually any occupation - exaggerate the risk to
> justify the rewards. It does not strike me as anything unusual. In the
> same way, lefties tend to hype the hardships suffered by criminals to
> exonerate them or even justify them brutalizing people. Yet, you do not
> seem to be concerned over that blatant hyperbole.

I posted no comment that exonerated any criminal behaviour. I posted a response to the nonsensical idea of a extreme danger and hardship for cop.

Where are these leftists who give a free pass to criminals? The US I live in keeps expanding the crimes eligible for the death penalty, increasing mandatory sentences and criminalizing more behaviour than any other industrialized western country. Prisoners themselves have less access to education and rehabilitation processes than they did 20 years ago so again I'm not seeing evidence of this rush to exonerate criminalize.

John Thornton