[lbo-talk] Raúl on the 26th + Fidel on Cuba's Self Criticism

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 20:46:35 PDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> > Achievements of the Cuban Revolution are well known.
>
> What were those again?
>
> Something to do with one guy running the country for 55+ years?

The Cuban Revolution is one of the most often debated subjects, and books and articles have been written about nearly all aspects of it from just about all conceivable points of view.

I'm more interested in hearing about what people think of its current problems, such as the problem of agricultural production and dependence on food imports when both food and energy prices are going up, and what practical solutions might be available to the Cuban people.

> On Jul 27, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > Read it with "Cuba's
> > Self Criticism" by Fidel (also reproduced below).
>
> Only if you supplement it with a little Yoshie self-criticism!
>
> These broadcasts remain rather annoying. This is supposed to be a
> discussion forum, not one of the many nodes of the Yoshie
> Broadcasting Network. I've been approving your first three posts of
> the day without reading them, but I'm not going to do that any more.
> No more broadcasts until you actually engage people in discussion.

I'd love to have discussion, and I have had many here and elsewhere, but, when it comes to responding to my postings, you appear to be committed to a show-stopping display of ignorance that constitutes an obstacle to intelligent discussion, your perplexing response to Azmi Bishara's Al Hayat article being only the latest example of it.

But this mailing list is your private property, so it's up to you how you make up and selectively enforce your arbitrary rules. -- Yoshie