[lbo-talk] cruise report

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 29 11:47:37 PDT 2007

On Jul 29, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Robert Wrubel wrote:

> Who's your favorite Democrat? I've got to come up
> with a better comeback than "they all suck." Advice
> welcome.
>
> Try Wayne Morse or George McGovern.

I'm afraid they mean of the current crop of presidential candidates.

To be fair, a lot of these folks seem to come from areas in which there aren't many people to the left of George W. So the gut reaction of my inner Trotskyist, who's been very voluble lately, doesn't really speak to their experience. I'm guessing many will be tempted to throw Ralph Nader overboard. I'm looking forward to his first session.

Doug