[lbo-talk] cruise report

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Jul 29 13:57:03 PDT 2007

On 29 Jul, 2007, at 14:06 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> The Nation cruisers seem like a very agreeable bunch - mostly fairly
> old, and wow do they love The Nation. You do get asked questions like
> "whose your favorite Democrat" [i.e., presidential candidate]. I've
> got to come up with a better comeback than "they all suck." Advice
> welcome.

I suggest answering with the name of someone either from another party or long dead and gone. Any of a number of puns can then be employed when the expected response ("But he is not a Democrat!", "But she is dead") is offered. E.g: "He isn't? How can you tell?". "Yes, she is dead. Do you know of any live ones?", etc.

Any Henwood groupies?

Can you imagine an LBO-talk cruise? ;-)

--ravi