[lbo-talk] Putin: Russia supports Abbas as legitimate Palestinian leader

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Tue Jul 31 08:43:30 PDT 2007

Xinhua http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/

Putin: Russia supports Abbas as legitimate Palestinian leader http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-07/31/content_6457295.htm

www.chinaview.cn 2007-07-31

MOSCOW, July 31 (Xinhua) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said here on Tuesday that Russia backed Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas as the legitimate Palestinian leader.

"I want to assure you that we will support you as the legitimate leader of the Palestinian people," RIA Novosti news agency quoted Putin as saying at a meeting with the visiting head of the Palestinian National Authority. http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-07/31/content_6457295.htm