[lbo-talk] Heritage: Economic Blowback from Bombing Iran Will be Easily Managed

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 31 10:35:33 PDT 2007

Shane M:

Where does he get that from? Dien Bien Phu was won with WW II cannnon shlepped by peasant fighters over long mountain trails. High Tech indeed!!!

[WS:] Are you saying that the Vietnamese (or Khmer Rouge) did not receive any supplies from the USSR and China? They won by their will power and the recitation of Chairman Mao's thoughts alone?

What I really hate about the old lefties, especially Maoists, is their idealistic belief that will power alone can move mountains, material conditions, technology, supplies, etc. notwithstanding. Fuck that shit. If I were into this kind of story telling, I would join a religious sect of some sort, or perhaps go to a monastery.

Wojtek