[lbo-talk] the beauties of capitalism

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:26:59 PDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:
> Doug:
>

> Despite years of reading monthly employment reports, this industrial
> category really jumped out at me for the first time this morning:
> "Lessors of nonfinancial intangible assets."
>
> [WS:] http://www.census.gov/epcd/naics02/def/NDEF533.HTM
>
> Prior to 2001 they were simply called "patent owners and lessors" (SIC
> 6794).

Is that what this category refers to? Owners of various IPR? Would, for instance, Michael Jackson, who I understand owns a lot of Beatles copyrights, fit within this category? Do they still qualify if they are like Microsoft and also make something with the IPR they hold? Finally, is this a new category or is it just something Doug noticed today?

thanks s