[lbo-talk] Noam & Dersh

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:56:26 PDT 2007

> <http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=w070528&s=chomskydershowitz060107>
>

> Alan Dershowitz responds:
>
> What passes
> for Finkelstein-scholarship is charging me, and virtually every other
> pro-Israel writer, with plagiarism for citing material to their
> original rather than secondary sources. Anti-Israel as well as pro-
> Israel scholars use the same citation method because it is the one
> preferred by the Chicago Manual of Style and other authoritative
> sources. For example, Professors Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer
> repeatedly cite primary sources for material they found in secondary
> sources. I proved this and challenged Finkelstein to level the same
> charge against these anti-Israel writers as he did against pro-Israel
> writers. He refused, because his is not scholarship; it is propaganda.

No Dersh you were accused of plagiarism because you copied quotes from a secondary work, word for word, including mistakes, ellipses, and mistaken citations; and did so for page after page, pretending that the research was your own and pretending that you were actually using the original work. Dersh, if you ever read the student handbook on plagiarism at your law school or any other you would know that if a student used the scholarly "method" that you used they would be punished for committing plagiarism.

But not only that.... Dersh was plagiarizing Jane Peters!

Dersh is not only a tool, he is a fraud.