[lbo-talk] Paris getting ready for jail

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jun 2 10:22:31 PDT 2007

Carrol writes:

> This raises a general question about all members of a capitalist
> ruling class: having more than they can (or even their heirs)
> can possibly spend ...

Oh, I think you'd be surprised what someone could spend. Just ask people like Gary Coleman :-)

> why do they still struggle for MORE MORE MORE.

I used to work for a really rich guy. I mean: buy-an-island rich. I asked him once why he still comes to work. He said: because if I didn't, my wife would have me fixing a screen door or something at home.

Why is it so hard to imagine that people who have gotten good at what they do wouldn't want to stop doing it just because of having attained some arbitrary amount of success? The archives say you've posted 6635 times; isn't that enough? Shouldn't you just retire?

Just kidding.

/jordan