[lbo-talk] Announcing Muhammad Yunus' Candidacy to Head the World Bank

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sat Jun 2 18:15:43 PDT 2007

Robert Naiman wrote:
> I'm sorry, Patrick, I thought I covered this. Can't we unite with the liberals against the common enemy just this once? :)

Liberal - or neolib?

“I believe that ‘government,’ as we know it today, should pull out of most things except for law enforcement and justice, national defense and foreign policy, and let the private sector, a ‘Grameenized private sector,’ a social-consciousness-driven private sector, take over their other functions.” (From his autobiography.)

Stay clear of this maniac, comrade!

***

tfast wrote:
> He is not a real a economist, only fitting that he won a real Nobel.

Econ PhD from Vanderbilt. Not as good as York poli-econ, to be sure...