[lbo-talk] Eric Alterman busted for crashing spin room

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 4 08:43:08 PDT 2007

<http://gawker.com/news/entitled-white-man.s-self_centered-paranoia- validated%21/eric-alterman-arrested-265529.php>

entitled white man's self-centered paranoia validated! Eric Alterman Arrested

Professional liberal gasbag Eric Alterman was arrested in New Hampshire on Sunday at the Democratic debates. He was charged with criminal trespass, after venturing uncredentialed into some fussy media VIP room.

Police say he was asked by an executive at the party if he was invited to the private area and was asked to leave. A police officer was called after a verbal altercation ensued. He was asked by police seven times to leave, and police say he became increasingly loud as he refused. After ignoring a final request, police say he was handcuffed and taken from the building. We won't hear the end of this for weeks. His first blog post: "It's all lies! They only asked me to leave six times!" Lord. He's gonna climb so high on the cross that Jesus will just look like a tiny bitty ant. Columnist/author arrested in spin room [Political Ticker]

SUN JUN 3 BY CHOIRE