[lbo-talk] Little Dickie Perle - We had the very best of intentions

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 10:59:35 PDT 2007

I missed this one. The "Vulcans" (Perle, et al.'s self-denomination) thought (think?) of themselves as heirs to the Roman Empire. In Roman times, leaders who failed this catastrophically wouldn't have the nerve to back asking for a blank check to keep the mess they made out of admitted ignorance and stupidity from blowing up completely. They'd be expected to go home and open a vein in a hot bath. Some old customs are worth bringing back.

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/richard_perle/2007/05/it_doesnt_matter_how_we_got_he.html