[lbo-talk] Is THIS the most dangerous man in Europe?

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Tue Jun 5 11:41:10 PDT 2007

So the conventional demand for sovereignty or the right to national self-determination - a right that at least inhibited the major powers from running amok across the rest of the world - is now labelled "populist nationalism bordering on Fascism". Does Wojtek have a democratic bone in his body? His utterances even put him to the right of that Neanderthal Winston Churchill (see below).

Atlantic Charter, joint program of peace aims, enunciated by Prime Minister Winston Churchill of Great Britain and President Franklin Delano Roosevelt of the United States on Aug. 14, 1941...supported the following principles and aims: renunciation of territorial aggrandizement; opposition to territorial changes made against the wishes of the people concerned; restoration of sovereign rights and self-government to those forcibly deprived of them; etc...

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Wojtek Sokolowski Sent: 05 June 2007 04:44 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Is THIS the most dangerous man in Europe?

If I were concerned about national sovereignty, I would not need the Left at all, I'd ask good old fascists for help - they are much more straightforward at that - "Our country for our native citizens! Foreigners out!"

BTW, people on this list complained about triangulation of Democrats. I'd rather have the Clintons et al. triangulating between conventional liberalism and conventional conservatism, than the Lefties triangulating between self-styled radicalism and populist nationalism bordering on fascism.

Wojtek