[lbo-talk] Web 2.0 gobbledegook

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 03:52:06 PDT 2007

If you want to see how convaluted and redundant Web 2.0 is, just subscribe to Mediaor.com's RSS. It's an aggregator of all things Web 2.0 [which is mainly music and social networking stuff]. As silly as it is, some of it is really useful for folks who spend all their time on the web; however, it's easy to see that a lotta this stuff just has to vanish already. [I'm looking at you, MySpace. You've got one of the ugliest interfaces going!]

The way these sites are hiring people [and the things they're hiring them for] you'd think Bubble 2.0 is well underway [Wink and nod @ Doug's MOLI post.] See also: http://www.secinfo.com/d14D5a.u39pf.htm. I've written for Paper Thin Walls and think it's an amazing site not only because they pay writers, but because they cover music I like, do it well, and offer free downloads and streaming audio. But 1 mil for it? Crazy. If my page at C0mc4st had Alexa numbers like that I'd be packing my things.

Cheers, J T. -- j t. ramsay music editor comcast interactive media 1500 market st., 18th floor west philadelphia, pa, 19102