[lbo-talk] Olympic displacement

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jun 7 06:56:07 PDT 2007

B:

Cater to the affluent, and it'll trickle down to the rest of us slobs.

[WS:] May I ask what is the market value of your home and the medial income and property value in the zip code where you live? You can find it here http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFHousing?_sse=on&_submenuId=housi ng_2

FYI, the median housing value in the zip code where I live (21231) is between $37k and $146 - one of the lowest in the state - and I would love to see the trickle down effect of the downtown/waterfront development. Not that I would personally benefit from it - I live in a nonprofit coop and cannot sell my unit beyond what I invested in it (currently about $12k) - but that would definitely improve the quality of life in the community around me.

Wojtek