[lbo-talk] celebrity unit

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 10:15:29 PDT 2007

>The LA county jail has a *celebrity unit*???? There really is no
>fucking justice in this world.
>
>Reuters: "She was housed in a unit for celebrities and high-profile
>inmates at a prison in Lynwood, about 15 miles from Los Angeles."

Celebrity unit sounds like a bit of journalistic exaggeration. Segregated unit is the official term I think. Former cops and child molesters might be segregated too. LA County Men's Central Jail, one of the biggest jails in the world and the country's largest defacto mental facility, has a separate unit for gay convicts.

>For $82 a Day, Booking a Cell in a 5-Star Jail
>

>-WD

The judge specifically disallowed pay-to-stay in Hilton's case.