[lbo-talk] Paris Freed

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 11:21:13 PDT 2007

Unless you can cite evidence that this is a general trend for all criminals, rather than simply an exception for a wealthy heiress, there is nothing "good" about this. I would turn fucking cartwheels if I saw this as a sign of humanitarian concerns moving to the forefront of the criminal justice system. Unless you have evidence that the "rational and humane treatment" you applaud is being applied universally it isn't actually an example of rational and humane treatment. It is evidence for special treatment for powerful members of society. I guess I'll tell my brother to expect his eminent release. He's serving time for the same offense Paris did only he committed it rather more often than I believe she did. He's done 15 months now with another 9 to go. I guess I should have told him to cry but, not being an heiress, I didn't think that would work well for him. Maybe it only works in "celebrity units" rather than for persons in the general population? If so does that still constitute good news WD?

John Thornton