[lbo-talk] Dallas could elect its first gay mayor

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Jun 8 06:54:56 PDT 2007

Travis:

So you found my technique wanting eh? Found it presumptuous did you? Widely off the mark was it? I do stand corrected! I apologize, I was just bored.

[WS:] Do not get me wrong, Travis, I did not mean to get vindictive or personal and I apologize if you feel offended. It is just that this business of a pot calling a kettle black - one intellectual calling another intellectual elitist, or bragging his own toughness by association with dregs of society, or claiming credibility by espousing the cause of a pet "less fortunate" group (as society ladies did for charity) - is quite infantile, a game people may play in high school, but then they mature and know better. Although most males mature only in the forties (and some never) :) - I think most of us here are past that stage.

Wojtek