[lbo-talk] Republican state senator punches Democrat lawmaker, won't apologize

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 07:37:53 PDT 2007

[Yeeeeeeeehaw! -B.]

Ala. lawmaker punches Senate colleague

By BOB JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 57 minutes ago

A Republican state senator who punched a Democratic lawmaker in the head expressed regret, saying "that's not the way grown men solve their problems," but he said he won't immediately apologize.

Republican Sen. Charles Bishop claimed that Democratic Sen. Lowell Barron called him a "son of a (expletive)" in the Senate chamber on Thursday.

"I responded to his comment with my right hand," Bishop said.

Alabama Public Television tape captured the punch.

"I was raised in the woods of Arkansas and people don't say that about your mom," Bishop said.

[...]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_on_re_us/lawmaker_scuffle;_ylt=Ar5QIfVGYOvHODeKyLCl.S4DW7oF