[lbo-talk] Olympic displacement

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Jun 8 07:52:50 PDT 2007

Carl:

But they're sure not pleased about getting that grotesque London Olympics logo, which the estimable spiked-online said resembles a "squashed swastika"

and "looks like Lisa Simpson giving head."

<http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3454/.

[WS:] Lol. But I like Lisa Simpson giving head better.

BTW, we a have a similar problem on highly-paid-consultant-produced idiocy here in Baltimore, albeit in a much local, or shall I say, provincial scale. After discarding two previously used city slogans: "Baltimore - the city that reads" (mocked as "Baltimore, the city that breeds") and "Baltimore - the best city in America" (ridiculous on its face, as the place is better known as Bodymore, Murderland) - the city hall commissioned a new one. After pocketing 500 grand, a consultant firm came with "Baltimore - get in on it" http://www.baltimoregetinonit.com/

Get in on fucking what? That is just lame. Lisa Simpson giving head is at least funny.

Wojtek