[lbo-talk] Computing R&D: science or enginering?

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 08:39:11 PDT 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwayne Monroe" <idoru345 at yahoo.com>

But look, this simply isn't the forum for this sort of discussion - we'll only go round and round and make zero progress. And really, only the science being done and yet to be done will reveal the truth or error of Denning's ideas. Ring me up in 2030 and we'll chat about this again.

Philosophical tangents are helpful but insufficient so let's leave it here.

Agreed. It's damned near impossible to discuss such complex hypotheses via email unless one foregoes eating, working, paying the bills, sleeping etc. Hell the issues Denning raises are gonna gnaw on big clusters of my neurons all friggin' day. Thanx, Dwayne! :->

Back to banalities,

Ian