[lbo-talk] Torture Re: Nietzsche: Free will

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 21:39:12 PDT 2007

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> "I want torture to stop -- but it's incidental to me
> whether someone is made morally responsible for its
> occurrence."

No, you don't. This is the sort of silly claptrap that liberals and leftists feel obliged to pronounce because they think that retribution (channeled revenge) is ugly. It is ugly, but it is justice and virtually everyone, including you, really accepts its moral, psychological, and social necessity. It's time to stop lying to ourselves. You want see the torturers jailed or executed, the same as all decent people do. You would not think it was OK if the torturers were just to walk away from their tools, leaving the prisoners unchained and the doors of their cells open. That would be good, but it would not be right. What is right is that the prisoners go free and the torturers are punished proportionately.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when. http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222