[lbo-talk] Cockburn Research

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 10 07:50:24 PDT 2007

On Jun 9, 2007, at 9:32 PM, Auguste Blanqui wrote:

> The Cockburn research effort, judging from his front-page piece on
> Counterpunch today, seems to come from 30 minutes of Google or
> something.

Actually, from long acquaintance with AC's research habits, it's somewhere between highly likely and certain that someone else did most of the Googling. I'd always thought there was something a little scandalous about having other people do all your research for you - be they interns, friends, or correspondents (who were often quoted verbatim without their permission). But now it's clear that it leads to intellectual atrophy.

Doug