[lbo-talk] the Sopranos - heterophilic?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 11 09:35:35 PDT 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 12:20 PM, BklynMagus wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me the appeal of the THE SOPRANOS?
>
> Its mawkish heterophilia was always a little too self-serving and
> pitying
> for this hard-edged queerboi

I dunno. We watched last night's show, and many previous ones, with a woman who's such a serious lesbian that she has two entwined female symbols tattooed on her arm, and she never complained about its heterophilia. Mawkish and self-pitying sound like pretty strange descriptors for the show. To each hir own, I guess.

Doug