[lbo-talk] Nikki Finke speaks for the philistines

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 11 09:50:06 PDT 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> It was a great ending. My guess, before the penultimate show when she
> 'fired' him, was that the show would end with the beginning of a
> session
> with his psychiatrist, but eating a meal together, with everything
> up in
> the air, was the finest thing in the history of the show.

It's always good to find something to agree with you on, Carrol. It was terrific. It seems inevitable now, but who could have imagined it even two minutes from the end?

It's odd to hear that I'm supposed to find the series an artistic pipsqueak next to Berlin Alexanderplatz. I love Alexanderplatz; I've seen it three or four times, and would happily see it three or four more times. But I thought The Sopranos was the best thing I've ever seen on TV. Maybe it's because I'm part Italian and from Joisey.

Doug