[lbo-talk] Torture Re: Nietzsche: Free will

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 10:29:26 PDT 2007

Carrol says, childishly:

And in the _present_ social order, of course, all
> punishment is
> positively evil.

I'm a criminal defense lawyer who tries to get murderers out of jail (and sometimes I succeed!); formerly I used to defend corporate bad guys against criminal investigation, and I can't agree. In fact, I couldn't disagree more. From a moral if not a legal point of view (and sometimes that too) most of my clients deserve long prison sentences or heavy fines. Almost all criminal defense lawyers will agree with me, I think.