[lbo-talk] Is this the end of Tony?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 11 13:23:18 PDT 2007

> Mawkish and self-pitying sound like pretty strange
descriptors for the show. To each hir own, I guess.

I just find Tony full of self-pity. And self-pity that Chase wants the audience to identify with and valorize.

> Maybe it's because I'm part Italian and from Joisey.

And I think that is a major aspect of the show's appeal: people identify with the characters. But for me, if you are going to work in a visual medium, then there should be some facility demonstrated with the tools of that visual medium. If not, what was the point of choosing that particular medium in the first place?

Brian