[lbo-talk] This is the End of Tony

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:03 PDT 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 6:27 PM, BklynMagus wrote:

> (unless you are
> arguing that the plastic elements of an art
> form are merely the handmaidens of narrative
> whose only function is to facilitate the delivery
> of plot.

No. As my wife can testify, I often can't follow plotlines, and don't find most of them very interesting. Back in my English lit days, I read poetry and theory and very few novels. I certainly didn't watch The Sopranos for the plot. I loved it for the characters, the dialogue, and the jokes. But since I don't agree with just about anything you said about the show, it's probably best just to let this one slide.

Doug