[lbo-talk] This is the End of Tony

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 11 16:16:12 PDT 2007

>But the claim of
>greatness for THE SOPRANOS seems to rest on limited
>aesthetic evidence: a) it tells a good story I can
>identify with; and b) I can get involved with the
>characters. If only somebody had told Shakespeare: he
>needn't have bothered mastering blank verse.
>
>Brian

If you're interested, Peter Bogdanovich, who also played Melfi's therapist, does a very long interview with Chase that's on the dvd set of the first season. They also do one of those commentary things together over the first episode. I watched a little of that but turned it off because that stuff gets tedious to me. Anyway, Bogdanovich speaks the same language as you do when talking about film and he finds a great deal that is good about The Sopranos and Chase.