[lbo-talk] Americans & evolution

Chuck.Grimes.cgrimes at rawbw.COM Chuck.Grimes.cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Tue Jun 12 08:00:50 PDT 2007

``..Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution More Americans accept theory of creationism than evolution..''

--------

I'd like to see an over-time study, something that showed if these opinions have changed much since say 1950. Any where to go see?

I am asking, because evolution was taught in LA public high schools along with intro to biology(sex ed), physiology(more sex ed) and advance bio (genes, dna, ecology, evolution, etc). This was approximately 1960 and it was standard high school stuff.

I'd never heard of creationism. I knew the story of genesis, but never gave it a second thought.

So, I am wondering when this doubt about evolution came from. Nobody I remember ever brought it up, even in church---which I attended regularly and unwillingly until 16.

CG