[lbo-talk] Chase on the Sopranos final scene

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 12 10:44:06 PDT 2007

<http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks.html>http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks.html

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," he says of the final scene.

"No one was trying to be audacious, honest to God," he adds. "We did what we thought we had to do. No one was trying to blow people's minds, or thinking, 'Wow, this'll (tick) them off.' People get the impression that you're trying to (mess) with them and it's not true. You're trying to entertain them."